Friday, September 29, 2006

I Blame Superman

I blame Superman for the current state of affairs. We heard it first from him, over and over. Every time the show came on!


Faster than a speeding bullet!
More powerful than a locomotive!

Able to leap tall buildings at a single bound!
Look! Up in the sky!
It's a bird! It's a plane!
No, its Superman!
Strange visitor from another planet who came to earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal man. Superman! Who can change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel with his bare hands and who, disguised as Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for a quaint metropolitan newspaper, fights a never ending battle for
Truth!
Justice!
And the American Way!


There it is right there, drummed into our heads week after week...truth...justice...and the American Way. At one time truth and justice were a part of the American Way but now Superman's evil plan has come to fruition and the subliminal message has taken hold of America. Under his evil power the government of the US was able to give up truth and justice and yet still can convince themselves that they preserve the American Way because as Superman taught us there is truth and there is justice and then there is something else called the American Way.

I say that, despite his super powers, we can defeat Superman's diabolical scheme and make truth and justice a fully integrated part of the American Way once again. It takes courage to stand up to a superhero, but we can do it merely by voting out every member of congress who voted to remove truth and justice from the American Way and then removing the party that currently controls the executive branch as soon as we possibly can.

I blame Superman for this mess and I'm not voting for him either!

By the way, I hope to post a lot of serious stuff about critical thinking here at critical thinking but I can't be serious all the time! Hopefully, some days there will be fun. If you come back and it sounds like I've lost my mind, think satire, sarcasm or then again, I may have lost my mind!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have also been alive in this time frame. I do remember a time when patriotism had nothing to do with waving flags only. I've been listening to the new Neil Young CD, "Living With War". His rendition of "America" brings tears to my eyes and an ache in my heart as I am drawn back to a time when...........it felt as if truth and justice weren't mutually exclusive.